Friday 26 July 2013

2015 : Al-Mustapha for President



Major Hamza Al-Mustapha, former Chief Security Officer to late military ruler, Gen. Sani Abacha, who was acquitted and discharged July 12 by the Appeal Court in Lagos over the June 4, 1996 murder of heroine of democracy, Alhaja Kudirat Abiola might be one of the presidential aspirants come 2015.
 Al-Mustapha visit to Kaduna on Thursday almost turned to a political rally as various groups that came to welcome him urged him to contest for the 2015 presidential election.
Major Al-Mustapha, arrived Kaduna state metropolis from Zaria where he paid a visit to the Emir of Zazzau, Dr. Shehu Idris around 2.10pm.
Hundreds of youths trooped out to receive him and chanted, “ 2015: Major Al-Mustapha for president.”
Al-Mustapha seized the moment and responding to the youths under the umbrella of Arewa Youth Forum (AYF) said: “For those of you that believe there is hopelessness in the country, we must all team up to make the direction for change. You may not understand now but when the direction is defined, when the rail is laid you will know it.
I was told that when I was released in Lagos, youths in Kaduna, Kano and other parts of the North trooped out to celebrate my release. Those in the south also did same, because I was told. I thought I was forgotten but this has shown me that you love me and I love you all”.
According to him, his release was a victory for democracy and that he would meet with all youth bodies and organizations in both North and South in order to chart a new course.

No comments:

Post a Comment