Thursday 25 July 2013

Cristiano Ronaldo breaks boy’s wrist

The Real Madrid star has sent a signed shirt to 11-year-old Charlie Silverwood after one of his set pieces struck him
 Cristiano Ronaldo has sent a signed shirt to an 11-year-old boy whose wrist he broke with a trademark free kick.
 Real Madrid got their pre-season campaign under way with an easy 6-0 victory over
Bournemouth in England, with the Portuguese scoring twice.
 The Spanish giants were greeted by rapturous applause from locals and one boy was determined not to let his day be ruined, despite broken bones.
 "It was Ronaldo's first free kick of the game. It went straight for me so I blocked the ball with the palm of my left hand and the force, I suppose, reverberated up my arm and broke my wrist," Charlie Silverwood told the BBC.
 "Real Madrid is a once in a lifetime opportunity - seeing them play your local club - so I watched the rest of the match, mostly in pain considering I still had the sling, and afterwards I then went to hospital.
 "If I hadn't blocked it with the palm of my hand I would have no front teeth. It definitely had to be some speed otherwise it wouldn't have broken my wrist - 45 mph would be a safe guess I think."
 Blancos president Florentino Perez also called Silverwood to assure him that his signed Ronaldo shirt was on its way.

Information from goal.com was used in this report.

No comments:

Post a Comment