Monday 22 July 2013

Failed Marriage: You can laugh at me- Funke Akindele

“Yes my marriage has crashed. Let the people who are laughing at me continue laughing. My job, after all, is to make people laugh. Let those who are without sins or mistakes cast the first stone. Let them continue judging me. God is the overall judge; He is the one I look up to,”
Those were the word of Funke Akindele in an interview on Saturday.
The popular Nollywood actress, commonly known as Jenifa said she is not bother by what might be said about her broken marriage which barely survives one year. She also claimed that she does not bear grudges with her estranged husband, Kehinde Oloyede, though she has deleted his name from her facebook and twitter account.
She added that: “It’s my private life. I know I am a public figure but I am entitled to some privacy, at least. What has happened has happened; no one is beyond mistakes. I will take corrections from this and apply where necessary from now on. I bear Mr. Kehinde Oloyede no ill feelings. I will address this issue now and, thereafter, face my career and try to concentrate on the things I have on my plate at the moment.”
Mr. Oloyede had last Monday, purportedly posted a message on his Facebook page, announcing the breakup.
 “It’s with heavy heart that I am announcing the separation of me and my wife, Mrs. Olufunke Akindele. We’ve both agreed to go our separate ways because of irreconcilable differences. We are still best of friends and we would forever remain good friends,” he said in the post.
He was said to have followed up with this: “Am doing just fine and getting along without you. Don’t need you anymore in my life. You are the greatest mistake I have made in recent time…Kehinde Oloyede.”
He deleted the messages soon after following reported rebuttals and threat to sue media organisations by Funke Akindele for publishing untrue stories about her marriage. According to a reliable source, Funke Akindele was said to have made pleads to Oloyede for reconciliation but he refused all approaches.
However, Funke Akindele confirmed the break up on Friday through her elder sister and publicist, who is the manager and principal consultant of Neecee Entertainment, Ayo Ola-Muhammed. She issued a press release which read thus:
 “Dear friends, on behalf of our client, star actress, Funke Akindele, we want to formally inform you that after due consultation and consideration, she’s now separated from Mr. Kehinde Oloyede as his wife.

She, hereby, urges her fans and all concerned to pray and wish her the best as she moves on in her career. Kindly note that this is the first and only official statement from Funke Akindele on the matter, and will be glad if her wish is respected. Thank you.”

3 comments:

  1. Oh no. So sowy. God knws best. Ur fans are behind u.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funke Akindele,we still luv u.Remember that when it seems nobody is there,God in heaven is there to make u smile again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oluyinka kehinde omolara3 August 2013 at 03:49

    Funke Akindele,hold on to God because he will never forsake u.we still luv u dear

    ReplyDelete