Friday 26 July 2013

I can marry another wife – Obesere



Ace Fuji star and president of Fuji Musicians Association of Nigeria (FUMAN), Abass Akande Obesere, has said he can marry another wife if God permits him.
Popular Fuji musician, Obesere who forced his way into the limelight through his "radical" songs, which openly touch on issues that are considered taboo in the conservative Yoruba community has declared that he can chose to marry another woman. Obesere is one of the few prominent Fuji musicians with only one woman in his house.
“It’s God that has done this and I know it is the way he wants it. I never vowed or went into a covenant with God that I would have only one wife so it has nothing to do with human wisdom but the grace of God. But I have not said that I will not marry another wife but I don’t have any plan like that; I have never given it a thought,” he said.
The Ibadan born musician noted that he cope with his female fans by not giving in to the flesh all the time. He said, “I use wisdom to manage them. It’s not every time you give the flesh what it is asking for. You have to be careful as an artiste the way you handle women.”

No comments:

Post a Comment